Thanks to its unique production process and the characteristics of the raw material, basalt rock, ROCKPANEL can produce unique boards with a vapour open coating, perfect for use in non-ventilated building applications.
ROCKPANEL Rockclad (without ProtectPlus) has a vapour-open structure and can be used in unventilated structures such as:
When using ROCKPANEL for unventilated applications, ventilated glass beading and a ventilation space between the ROCKPANEL and the insulation are not required. This therefore means that:
- there is additional space for thicker and thus more effective insulation
- the structure can be made narrower using the same thickness of insulation
In certain cases, ROCKPANEL can be fitted directly onto the existing structure.
For non-ventilated applications of ROCKPANEL Rockclad (without ProtectPlus) following pre-conditions are required:
- interior climate with a maximum vapour pressure of 1330 Pa (normal housing);
- the sd values of the materials on the inside of the structure down to the insulation should sum up to at least 10 m; this value can be achieved with a 0.15 m-thick PE membrane as vapour barrier and drywall;
- the sd values of the materials on the outside of the structure down to the insulation should not amount to more than 2,5 m;
- the inside of the structure should be airtight so that no warm air (with many grams of moisture per m3) can penetrate the structure;
- the attachments of the boards to the structure should be water-tight, so that no rainwater or cleaning water can get behind the cladding. Due to this, horizontal joints are not allowed. At vertical joints a 3 mm by 60 mm EPDM self-adhesive foam gasket should be used.
If you are unsure whether you are able to meet these conditions, please contact ROCKPANEL.