Ventilated facade systems
A comfortable indoor climate due to a ventilated facade
ROCKPANEL boards are used widely as rainscreen cladding in ventilated facade systems. Decorative facades in ventilated constructions are increasingly specified by building managers and architects who require a product which offers thermal, aesthetic and waterproofing benefits to the building. Ensuring a healthy indoor climate in which to live and work. And with the quick and easy installation and maintenance of ROCKPANEL products, the total cost of the building envelope can be reduced.
By creating a two leaf construction for the external wall, the ventilated air space between the two leaves serves to maintain a comfortable indoor climate. The load bearing structure of a building with an exterior insulation layer can be simply protected from weather influences by ROCKPANEL boards. A ventilated cavity between the facade cladding and the insulation layer prevents rainwater from penetrating and diffuses water vapour from the inside to the outside.
Ventilated facades offer a number of advantages, such as:
- A comfortable interior climate, in winter and summer.
- Optimal moisture regulation; rainwater penetration is minimised and condensation moisture is drained through ventilation.
- Easy to adapt to current, and future, energy standards.
- Endless design possibilities.
- Combining superbly with a range of materials.
The application of ROCKPANEL facade cladding in a ventilated construction offers additional advantages; ROCKPANEL is: