Fixing guidelines ROCKPANEL boards
When fixed mechanically ROCKPANEL boards must be assembled with ROCKPANEL fixings on a suitable subframe (aluminium rail support or timber frame) and free of tension. When determining the subframe the following should be kept in mind:
- wind loading
- Determine the fundamental local basic wind velocity;
- Determine the maximum height of the building;
- Determine the site altitude;
- Determine the distance from the coast;
- Determine the distance to the edge of the city.
- the building area, see figure below
- type of ROCKPANEL board, thickness and fastening system
- the required ventilation provisions
- unimpeded movement of the boards
- static load absorption, for example 1-field- or 2-field span
- legal local requirements
- ROCKPANEL Durable boards;
- Location in country;
- Distance from the coast > 10 km;
- Site altitude ≤ 50 m;
- Building height ≤ 10 m (only applicable for ROCKPANEL Boards);
- Strength class timber:c24 according EN338
- Aluminium according approval.
A = Corner area
Basic wind velocity
The map below can be used as indication for the fundamental basic wind velocity according to BE-EN 1991 1-4. If you are unsure on the exact zone the building is located in, please contact ROCKPANEL.