When aesthetics mean everything, the smallest detail matters.
Fixings for Rockpanel boards
We know that the final appearance of your building is influenced by the fixing method you choose. Fixing is not simply a technical requirement but is vital to achieving your vision.
There are many types of fixings that can be used with our Rockpanel boards:
- visible (screws and rivets)
- semi visible (nails)
- hidden fixing (glue or Easy Fix)
The advantage of Rockpanel Lines² is that it can be fixed safely using traditional nails or screws or by using the innovative Rockpanel clip for that ‘invisible’ look, requiring no pre-drilling or special tools.
All Rockpanel fixings are available with heads in RAL colours to match the colour of the board material of your choice.
Mechanical fixings for Rockpanel external cladding
A 35mm stainless steel torx screw with a screw-head size of Ø 9,6mm. Available in stainless steel or in almost any coated RAL colour you request. The screws are delivered in boxes containing 200 pieces.
For a semi visible fixing on a timber sub-frame, we offer 2 different length ring shank nails in stainless steel or with a coated flat head in the size Ø 6 mm. These nails can be ordered in a box of 200 pieces or on a coil.
- 32 mm nail: The most used Rockpanel nail. This nail is used for any application like exterior cladding, soffits, fascia’s and gutter finishes. This nail can be ordered in a box or on a coil. This nail is also used to fix the Rockpanel ply boards.
- 40 mm nail: This nail is used to fix 10 mm Rockpanel boards or boards fixed as ship-lap in the traditional way with two boards on top of each other. For the best ship-lap result we recommend to use our special developed Rockpanel Easy Fix clip.
For rapid and durable ship lap construction, we offer a specially developed, ‘invisible’ fixing system for cladding boards on a timber sub-frame using a mounting clip called Rockpanel Easy Fix.
By using these clips, which pre-sets the position of the fixing screws, you can achieve a simple and stress-free ship-lap result. Once the Rockpanel Easy Fix has been applied onto the board it can be easily moved into position on to the vertical supports for fixing.
The following 8 mm Rockpanel boards can be used with Easy Fix:
The Rockpanel Lines² 10 tongue-and-groove panels can be fixed invisibly, which results in an attractive traditional groove effect, using:
- Rockpanel ring shank nails (EN10088, material nr. 1.4401 or 1.4578) 2.1/2.3 x 27mm with an ultra-flat head. For an even better result we recommend pre-drilling of the tongue with a steel drill Ø 3 mm on the edges and Ø 2 mm in the middel of the board.
- Stainless steel flat-top screws 3.5 x 30 mm. The tongue should be pre-drilled with a steel drill Ø 3.5 mm on the edges and Ø 2.5 mm in the middle of the board and the hole for the flat-top screw head should be sunk with a countersink drill bit. The top of the screw head should be level with the surface of the tongue. Tension in the mounting of the tongue can be avoided by torqueing the screw to a set limit and by ensuring they are driven in to the batten correctly.
To make the fixing of tongue-and-groove panels easier and safer, we’ve developed an innovative clip. With the clip you can choose between a fixed and demountable installation of Rockpanel Lines² 8.
For demountable installation, the tongue-and-groove board is simply inserted into the clip so that each panel can be removed separately. On top of this, the clip ensures that the facade is ventilated more effectively, reducing moisture retention and thus increasing the structure’s durability.
To fix the Rockpanel boards to an aluminium sub-frame, aluminium rivets with an aluminium or colour coated head can be used. Specifications of the rivets can be found in our ETA certificates.
A unique, fire-safe solution for bonding
In collaboration with Bostik, a fire safe European-certified adhesive fixing system called Rockpanel Tack-S has been developed. The system is compliant with the strict fire-safety rules of exterior cladding systems. With Rockpanel Tack-S your boards can be bonded safely, reaching a fire-class of B-s2,d0, onto a
- timber sub-frame using a Rockpanel strip
or onto an
- aluminium sub-frame
Follow the instructions provided by Bostik in order to secure your Rockpanel boards safely. If you prefer to use another adhesive system always verify with the system supplier whether this is technically approved and guaranteed for bonding Rockpanel boards.