Lots of benefits
The benefits of using Rockpanel board material for creating your building facades, rooflines or guttering over more traditional building materials such as
wood, fibre cement board (FCB) and high pressure laminate (HPL) boards are clear:
- The boards are lightweight and require no special tooling – your standard tools work perfectly.
- Rockpanel boards are easy to cut to size on-site using traditional cutting tools and the edges do not need to be sealed.
- Quick to install with screws, nails or even adhesives.
* Rockpanel Natural and Rockpanel Ply are products resp. without a coating or should be coated on site.
- A high-quality coating* that retains the boards original brightness for many years
- Available in an extensive palette of RAL colours and designs.
- All boards are water-repellent and insensitive to moisture
- Very dimensionally stable, which means they can be fixed without joints in specific applications.
Rockpanel boards have a unique composition which, gives each and every board the longevity of stone with the added flexibility of being as easy to work with as wood.
How to store your Rockpanel boards
Always store your boards in dry, flat, frost-proof and protected conditions
Store on flat pallets and place the pallets on a level foundation. Preferably with PE-foil as an underlay
Make sure that the board material does not have direct contact with the floor
Never stack more than two pallets high
During storage, it’s possible that the board material can be more affected by moisture and night-time cooling than when they are installed. Before installing, the boards will need some time to allow any moisture and condensation to evaporate
Handling of the boards
Use of the protective film
Most Rockpanel boards in our range are covered by a protective film, so they arrive with you in perfect condition. You can use the film to markup measurements and to aid the installation process.
When to remove the protective film:
- after mounting, if fixing the boards mechanically with screws or manual nailing
- before priming the board for fixing with adhesives
- before installing when using a nail gun
Please note: Rockpanel Natural, Rockpanel Lines², Rockpanel Metallics Aluminium White and Aluminium Grey and Rockpanel Ply are delivered without a protective film, so please handle these boards with extra care.
Cutting and (pre-)drilling your Rockpanel boards
When you cut Rockpanel products, the following tools can be used:
- hand saw, e.g. a hard point hand saw
- circular saw, e.g. a fine-toothed Widia saw blade
- fretsaw, e.g. a fine-toothed saw blade for metal or a saw blade with tungsten granules
Because Rockpanel boards can be customized on-site using regular tools, all detailing and optimal finishing is a much easier task and no special knowledge is required.
Unlike other board materials, Rockpanel boards are dimensionally stable, so you don’t need to worry about the boards warping due to temperature or humidity changes. Pre-drilling is recommended when fixing the boards on a timber frame using Rockpanel screws. When fixing the boards on a metal frame using rivets, (pre-)drilling can be done with a HSS drill.
Just as you would when cutting timber, we advise anyone cutting and drilling a Rockpanel board to wear a dust mask (type P2) and standard personal protection equipment such as safety spectacles and gloves. It is also recommended to use dust-reducing cutting equipment in combination with an exhaust hood in a well-ventilated room. When cutting outdoors, position the equipment so that the wind blows away the dust and where possible also use dust-reducing cutting equipment.