ROCKPANEL board material along the roofline and other detailing
Your creativity doesn’t have to be confined to the façade of the building – the sky’s the limit. The unique characteristics of the ROCKPANEL board material makes it possible to design roof features and any other detailing to meet your requirements. You can achieve any look, whether this is with clean and structured lines, or even a seamless approach under certain conditions. The boards can easily be cut to size on-site, allowing you to effortlessly implement every roof detail.
Our boards are widely used in:
Gutter finishing, soffits & fascias
Other (roofline) detailing
Ceilings, gutters & dormers
Soffits, fascias & dormers
An eye for detail
New Build & Renovation
No matter if your brief is to create a new build or a renovation project, ROCKPANEL boards can be applied to gutter finishing and fascia boards. Below you find four detailed descriptions of ROCKPANEL applications in gutter finishing and fascia boards, for new building as well as use in renovation.
Gutter - New Build
Gutter - Renovation
Fascia - New Build
Fascia - Renovation
The advantages are obvious
ROCKPANEL products have a unique manufacturing process that builds in very real advantages in to every panel we produce when compared to traditional building materials, such as multiplex, fibre cement and HPL (high pressure laminate) boards.
There of ROCKPANEL boards are:
- Lightweight and easy to handle.
- Workable like wood; cutouts and detailing can easily be applied on the building site using the standard tools used for wood.
- Weather and moisture resistant, ROCKPANEL products do not delaminate or rot, and sealing of edge is not required.
- Screws or nails in RAL colours can be used, pre-drilling is not always necessary but it is recommended for practical reasons .
- Virtually invisible when attached with nails in RAL colours.
- Easy to bend and shape, so that virtually any design construction can be finished with ROCKPANEL products.
- Low-maintenance; the boards retain their looks for many years to come.
- Quick and easy to install with less wastage.
Naadloze toepassing rondom het dak
A further benefit of ROCKPANEL boards is that it retains its shape no matter of the atmospheric conditions and sudden changes in temperature. This allows the panels to be applied seamlessly under specific conditions. This allows the panels to be applied seamlessly under certain conditions:
- Only for use around the roof, such as to finish guttering, for fascia boards and rooflines
- Up to a maximum length of 15 meters
- A timber sub-frame is used with vertical slats to prevent the sub-frame from warping
- The timber is protected by using gaskets on the sub-frame for all joints
- Dilatation joints are used throughout the ROCKPANEL construction
- Only applicable with light colours
Ongeventileerde toepassingen met ROCKPANEL Colours
Our ROCKPANEL Rockclad range of boards (without ProtectPlus) can be used in specific non-ventilated structures. In situations where the preconditions can easily be fulfilled, for example as infill panels and dormers, the total thickness of the construction is suitable for insulation which leads to a higher U-value.
This makes ROCKPANEL Rockclad (without ProtectPlus) very suitable for specific renovation projects. This means that you can:
- create additional space for thicker, more effective insulation
- narrow the structure using the same thickness of insulation
- install without the need to remove or replace the existing structure under certain conditions
Pre-conditions for unventilated applications of ROCKPANEL Rockclad (without ProtectPlus) :
- interior climate with a maximum vapour pressure of 1320 Pa (normal housing)
- the Sd values of the materials on the inside of the structure down to the insulation should sum up to at least 10m; this value can be achieved with a 0.15m-thick PE membrane as vapour barrier and drywall
- the sd values of the materials on the outside of the structure down to the insulation should not amount to more than 2.5m
- the inside of the structure should be airtight so that no warm air (with many grams of moisture per m³) can penetrate the structure
- the attachments of the boards to the structure should be water-tight, so that no rainwater or cleaning water can get behind the cladding. Due to this, horizontal joints are not allowed. At vertical joints a 3mm by 60mm EPDM self-adhesive foam gasket should be used